In general, Low Back Pain Treatment falls into one of three categories: medications, physiatry, and surgery.
Medicines: Several medications can be used to help relieve your pain.
- Aspirin or acetaminophen can relieve your pain with few side effects.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or naproxen reduce pain and inflammation.
- Narcotic pain medications, such as codeine or morphine, can help.
- Steroids are taken orally or injected into your spine deliver a high dose of anti-inflammatory.
Medications and combination treatments often relieve pain so that you can do all the things you want to do.
- Physiotherapy can include passive modalities such as heat, ice, massage, ultrasound or electrical stimulation. An active therapy consists of stretching, lifting weights and cardiovascular exercises. Exercising to restore movement and strength to your lower back can be beneficial in relieving pain.
- Clamps are used frequently. The most common clamp is a corset type that can be placed around the waist and stomach. Clamps are not always beneficial, but people report that they feel more comfortable and stable when using them.
- Chiropractic or manipulative therapy is supplied in several forms. Some patients feel relief from their low back pain with these treatments.
- Traction is often used, but there is no scientific evidence of its effectiveness.
- Other exercise-based programs such as Pilates or yoga are beneficial for some patients.
Surgery for low back pain by Lower Back Doctor Specialist should only be considered when non-surgical treatment options were performed and failed. Also, surgery should be considered only if your Lower Back Doctor Near Me can pinpoint the cause of your pain.
Some patients are not candidates for surgery, although they suffer from significant pain and other treatments did not work.
Surgery can be done through your abdomen, side, back, or a combination of these. There is even a procedure that is done through a small hole next to the coccyx. No procedure has proven to be better than another.
The results of spinal fusion to relieve low back pain vary. It can be very effective in eliminating pain, or not being effective at all or anything between them. Full recovery can take more than a year.
Disk replacement: This procedure involves removing the disc and replacing it with artificial parts, similar to the knee or hip replacements.
The goal of disc replacement is to allow alignment of the vertebral segment to maintain some flexibility and more normal movement.
The surgery is done through your abdomen by Best Doctor For Lower Back Pain, usually in the last two discs of the spine.
There are things we can do to lessen the impact of lower back problems. Having a healthy lifestyle is a good start.
Combine aerobic exercises, such as walking or swimming, to keep your back strong and flexible.
Lift things correctly
Do not lean forward to lift something. Keep your back straight and bend your knees.
Maintain a healthy body weight. Being overweight puts more stress on the lumbar section of your back.
Good posture is important to avoid future problems. A Doctor For Back Muscle Pain can teach you how to stand, sit and lift things safely.